News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Medals Display

Nice! You have all of the WW2 Campaign medals!!! Both Partisan Medals too!!!

Paul,

Yes :love:

And for the Partisan 1st Class I have a rare temporay Doc, issued by the Latvian Partisan Movement HQ! Nice piece of History.

And my Border Guards Medal (top right corner) is the rare Variation 1, made of silver and only manufactured in the 50's. R3 on PMD's Guide!

The Irreprochable Service Medals are those for the KGB. I also have other types but not on the display.

Dolf

Is there a citation that spells out what the awardee did to earn this rare(relatively) honor?(Re Partisan Medal)?

Paul,

According to the help of another fellow collector who reads Russian, the paper only says the Medal was awarded to Janus Janovich Richter. These temporary papers were later exchanged for the usual red-covered Partisan Medal Docs.

I can post a pic if you wish, but I guess this is probably not the proper section, right?

Dolf

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...

My Soviet Medals Display.

Dolf

Hi Dolf,

Just wondered... what are the dimensions on the case you use for your Soviet medals display? I think you told me once before but where do you get those? Very nice cases and I'd love to do up a similar display as now I have them all divided between my various riker mounts.

All your displays are outstanding! :beer:

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Hi Dolf,

Just wondered... what are the dimensions on the case you use for your Soviet medals display? I think you told me once before but where do you get those? Very nice cases and I'd love to do up a similar display as now I have them all divided between my various riker mounts.

All your displays are outstanding! :beer:

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Dan,

I guess I posted the link somewhere, just didn't check where right now :Cat-Scratch::blush:

So, Indian River, here: http://members.aol.com/janiew48/index.html

I like their quality a lot, as well as the price, the only thing that increases the price quite a lot in my case being in Europe is the damn shipping costs... :banger::( In your case, being located in the US, you can obviously save a lot of $$ on that :beer:

The display used for the Soviet Medals is the 18 x 24 x 2" Walnut.

The other size I use for most displays is the 12 x 18 x 2".

I have 2 "riker mounts", also made by Indian River, but obviously I prefer the wood displays by far ;)

Dolf

Very nice, Dolf. :beer: There?s a lot of Medals, i am still missing :( When you have some time, you could post your ship and submarine badges. I know absolutely nothing about them. :speechless:

Great display-cases, btw, especially the last one. :cheers:

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

You mean posting each ships & subs Badges individually? In most cases they are very similar, only the colors may change, golden/brass and silver (colors!) or some slight "nuances", and the reverse, either flat or mirror reverse. I'll try posting a few examples later. Notice that I don't know much about them either, just got them a few years ago because I had the opportunity to buy them all from the same seller, but not really my field :blush: I must check what a couple of people told me about these on the S-A Forum.

Great display-cases, btw, especially the last one

You mean the display itself (another one from Indian River, as mentioned above on my reply to Dan, only a different size: 12 x 9 x 2", the only one I have of that size) or the content?!...

Also have one 12 x 10 x 2", which I use for my 6 Orders of the Red Banner, as shown on another thread.

Dolf

Dolf, i meant both, content and display-case ;) Sorry, should have been more exact.

You allways see the ship and sub badges going on ebay on a regular basis and most of them are really ugly, but i have seen nicer earlier ones, but never saw a reference for them. Maybe its time to start a thread about these badges?!

Gerd

Hi Dolf,

Many thanks! Shame of it is that my coin shop I frequented down in Tallahassee Florida carried these or ones very similar too it... and I likely could have gotten some great deals on them as they would occassionally put them on sale.

I'll give Indian River a shout and see what they charge on their shipping and see what I can work out.

Great displays and great pieces!

Thanks again! :cheers:

Dan