News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi guys,

Just purchased this medal bar and I am wondering what medal goes on the middle ribbon. The Hesse General Honour Decoration is the first medal that springs to mind, but to my eye the ribbon I am showing looks a bit darker then the sky blue hessen decoration ribbon. On the other hand it is too lightly coloured to be the Oldenburg War Bravery Cross. Can anyone tell me any other decoration that might match, especially with a red cross medal and a honour legion medal?

If my eyes are playing up and it IS the hesse decoration, can you suggest which it would be? The most common is the fur tapferkeit, which would match the veteran's piece which through the sword and wreath speaks of frontline service. On the other hand, the precendence and combination suggest something more like the kreigsverdienst version, or indeed a peacetime award.

Thanks for all your help,

Matthew

$(KGrHqRHJBQFBE9VYoF(BQy,VK6+4Q~~60_12.J

$T2eC16hHJHYE9nzpgIOoBQy,VOEsB!~~60_12.J

$T2eC16VHJHgE9n0yFjbvBQy,VK1lH!~~60_12.J

@ dond - When I open the link I can see the Hessen Medical Cross on a red ribbon. After some digging around I found out that it was awarded on the red ribbon to non-combatants and on the same ribbon as the General Honour Decoration to combatants. Is this what you think should go on the bar? It actually quite fits with both the red cross medal and the frontline veterans clasp! :)

Thank you,

Matthew

Yeah- I am curious. the "band width" seems to be Oldenburg to me, but now that I look at it on a computer and not an iPad (does anyone else have colour issues with an iPad?) I think Don is right. It would certainly ft the story of the bar too.

@ dond - When I open the link I can see the Hessen Medical Cross on a red ribbon. After some digging around I found out that it was awarded on the red ribbon to non-combatants and on the same ribbon as the General Honour Decoration to combatants. Is this what you think should go on the bar? It actually quite fits with both the red cross medal and the frontline veterans clasp! :)

Thank you,

Matthew

That was my thought.

Thanks guys for all your help. As soon as it is in hand I will check to see if the ribbon is faded, although judging by the other two it shouldn't be. The Hesse medical cross on war ribbon really seems the most likely option considering the other medals.

Regards,

Matthew