News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A non-combatant's bar... EK2 non-cbt ribbon, HK without swords, Austro-Hungarian Pro deo Patria non-cbt medal ribbon..

Except shouldn't the Wuerttemburg Wilhelmskreuz be "ohne Schwerter"?

Edited by IrishGunner

Not quite. Anyone else?

Anyhoo, the Württemberg crosses w/o swords do not bear the "krigsverdienst" inscription, indicating that they might have been post-war "public welfare" awards. This bar is definitely a "kreigie," albeit to a non-comb.

Edited by Ralph A

So.... the answer is: Wilhemskreuz is the only non-combatant award with swords. Service in the homeland vice at the front?

Wilhelmskreuz mit Schwertern – für Verdienste im Krieg in der Heimat

Edited by IrishGunner

Chris is correct. Kudos to you!

The Hungarian dingus has no swords. It's the only one I've ever seen. it was a sort of "why bother" thing, but this recipient must have been proud of the splinter he picked out of some Austro-Hungarian nun's finger... especially to go to the trouble of having it mounted.

Chris is correct. Kudos to you!

The Hungarian dingus has no swords. It's the only one I've ever seen. it was a sort of "why bother" thing, but this recipient must have been proud of the splinter he picked out of some Austro-Hungarian nun's finger... especially to go to the trouble of having it mounted.

So, out of curiosity then... Have you seen the medal w/swords mounted on a non-combatant ribbon? Or would that simply be "fantasy"?

I dont think you even had a pick a splinter, I think like the Bulgarian one you just had to send an application and a bit of money....

:cheeky:

Let's keep it going. What can one say about this curiosity?

Its the first hungarian without swords i have seen... I may have seen them, but it is the first time I have noted one....

It's actually quite rare to find mounted on a bar. I've got one as shown here and it's the only one I had ever seen until the above photo of one. It's obvious why it's a non-combatant bar.

I think the one I have a problem understanding is the Bavarian one, as I dont know the statutes.

It is possible to get a swordless HK with black ribboned cross... for instance a non combattant official in occupied Belgium....

But how does the bavarian fit??

Another possibility of course would be war service on the homefront (Within the borders)... but I still dont know how the Bavarian fits in there... It is of course possible to get the BMVK as a soldier, be invalided and then get "civilian" medals for Kriegshilfe.... but then if he served at the front for the BMVK, then howcome he has no swords on the HK?

I am at a loss... I can see how all would fit together, OTHER than the Bavarian....

One will never know. Closest guess I can make is a hospital administrator, or railroad official, or a munitions manufacturer liaison. There does exist a Johanniter's Cross medal for hospital administrators serving at the front, but the war ended before any could be awarded. Definitey a curious bar. If he was a soldier, then where are the long service medals?

It's actually quite rare to find mounted on a bar. I've got one as shown here and it's the only one I had ever seen until the above photo of one. It's obvious why it's a non-combatant bar.

Great one. I love the way the guy added the HK at the end. Vanity meets with pride.