News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help finding the correct post please

Brian Wolfe

There was a post a while back that showed the three different emperor's names found on the medal boxes and I cannot seem to find it now.

If anyone remembers which post had that information it would be most helpful, I know is was part of a post that I believe started out as a different topic.

I usually print off such information and put it in my files but didn't this time.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me, it is most appreciated.

Regards

Brian

There was a post a while back that showed the three different emperor's names found on the medal boxes and I cannot seem to find it now.

Dear Brian,

are you sure about "on the boxes"?

Maybe on documents?

If so, then simply look into pinned topic "How to read ..." http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/11720-how-to-read-japanese-certificates-masterclass/

Regards,

Nick

Edited by JapanX

Hi Nick,

Thanks, but no it was the writing on the box lids. I know I saw it somewhere and it had to be here on the GMIC as I don't visit any other forums. Unless it was somewhere on the internet and if so I have no hope of finding that link again,

It may be Lost in (Cyber) Space.

Regards

Brian

Just in case - this upper kanji is not the Emperor name ;)

The topic starter is absolutely wrong when he is writing about Meiji exclusivity of this "curvasive first character".

Now I undertand where our fellow collectors got this idea about "curvasive" = Meiji epoch.

Same curvasive character was used on the japanese box lids during Taisho and early Showa epoch.

This "curvasive" style can be found on the box lids of Manchu orders that was established during 30s ;)

Recently discussed 2nd class of Clouds have this style of kanji on the lid (check the last picture)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Manchukuo-Order-of-the-Auspicious-Clouds-/330858218267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d08afc31b

Is this Meiji box?!

I don't think so ...

Regards,

Nick