News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Grandfather / Grandson Jiffy Bag Dance - The Jack Family - 25th Bn CEF

Good Day Every One.....

A bit slow but they arrived today......

Not in my field of collecting but could not refuse them when offered also not to break up family group.

No research done yet.

Grandfather:

India Mutiny - Lucknow - Defence of Lucknow - T. JACK, 1st MADRAS FUSRS. - Looks like an original piece of ribbon as well.

Grandson:

Military Medal - 902202 Cpl. T. A. JACK, 25/N. SCOTIA R.
    World War One Pair - 902202 Cpl. T. A. JACK, 25th - Can. Inf.

Mike

Mike, T.A. Jack is a 3/6/19 Gazetted MM, nice with the badge. The Lucknow/Def Lucknow is lovely, lovely to see original ribbon, please do not re-ribbon it with shiny new ribbon, or if the ribbon is past redemption by all means re ribbon but keep the original with it, I have seen too many original groups and singles ruined by re-ribboning (including people court mounting early and mid Victorian groups (ultimate heresy)). Still less of my hobby horse. what a lovely acquisition. Was there any paper work with the group?

Paul

Mike, T.A. Jack is a 3/6/19 Gazetted MM, nice with the badge. The Lucknow/Def Lucknow is lovely, lovely to see original ribbon, please do not re-ribbon it with shiny new ribbon, or if the ribbon is past redemption by all means re ribbon but keep the original with it, I have seen too many original groups and singles ruined by re-ribboning (including people court mounting early and mid Victorian groups (ultimate heresy)). Still less of my hobby horse. what a lovely acquisition. Was there any paper work with the group?

Paul

Hello Paul.....

The ribbon is literally falling apart so I will be re-ribboning it but will be keeping the original with his file..... I do try to keep original ribbon where possible when I get a new item into my collection.....

Mike

There were three bars for Lucknow - very desireable. Was this the special set you mentioned - I think it has to be ? Mervyn

Good Morning Mervyn..... Yes this was the special set..... Was hopeing the seller had some paperwork and knew what medals the father had from WW2 but nothing found......

Mike

Good Evening Everyone.....

Just got home and there was a message for me..... The family in digging around found the Great Grandsons uniform from WW2..... A W.W.2, R.C.N. Jumper, Pants and Cap for a leading seaman....

They will be sending it on to me.....

Mike

Edited by QSAMIKE

We shall look forward to seeing a picture. Do you keep many uniforms Mike ? I find a lot of people like a dummy as a display , but

not too many people keep the big collections, as in the past. For a semi-tropical area like Durban they have to be sprayed on a

regular basis to keep the insects at bay. Mervyn

Hello To Everyone......

The next piece of news in the Jack Saga.......

I talked to them on the phone today and they described the medal ribbon that they have found consisting of:

1939 - 1945 Star
    Atlantic Star
    Defence Medal
    Canadian Volunteer Service medal
    1939 - 1945 War Medal

None of them will be named so therefore I will be able to put a set together......

I will have the ribbon bar and maybe one day the govt. will allow access to their records to verify.....

Mike

We shall look forward to seeing a picture. Do you keep many uniforms Mike ? I find a lot of people like a dummy as a display , but

not too many people keep the big collections, as in the past. For a semi-tropical area like Durban they have to be sprayed on a

regular basis to keep the insects at bay. Mervyn

Hi Mervyn.....

Just have a few uniforms other than my own...... I have a S.A.C. Tunic and Pants, a C.E.F. Officers full uniform and the odd it and piece of others.....

Mike