News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

As part of my interest in U-Boat stuff, I decided to try and get examples of all the normal cloth headgear worn by a typical U-Boat crew, based on photographic evidence. This in fact covers a wide range including the tropical helmet ( which I haven't got yet) bizarre though it seems to think of people clambering through narrow U-Boat hatches with big sun helmets !

We have Michel as a member, and he has what I guess is one of the finest

U-Boat collections in existence, so if we are lucky we may see some of his too.

Here are a few of mine.

Officers Bordm?tze

• Replies 51
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darrell

And what the "inside" should look like on a cap with removable vs fixed top. Should always be a white "chessecloth" type covering to the crown.

Whats the purpose of the removable top Gordon? For cleaning perhaps?

• 1 month later...

This in fact covers a wide range including the tropical helmet ( which I haven't got yet) bizarre though it seems to think of people clambering through narrow U-Boat hatches with big sun helmets !

Hello All,

This is my first contribution to this new Forum.

KM tropical helmet.

Best,

Mark

• 3 months later...

Fantastic pieces of headgear guys .I only have one KM cap it might have been used on a U boat ,came from Bizerta via a US vet .Rob.