News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

replacement ribbons for japanese medals

hipnos

Hello Gents:

Someone of you knows where I can get some replacement ribbons for japanese medals, as, sino- japanese war, russian japanese war, "incidents" medals and WW1 ??? I´ve some medals that in a time, apparently suffer water immersion and the ribbons are a complete shambles...

Thanks

Miguel

АЛЕКСАНДР ХАРИТОНЧУК [Alexander Haritonchuk?] shimanisu@mail.ru has a variety of apparently original & more recent replacement Japanese & Manchukuo ribbons. He sells directly to individuals and on eBay, see item 300871725973 for what's on hand. I've dealt with him several times & am fully satisfied. Keep in mind postal transit time are usually unpredictable.

I'm fairly sure some of his offerings are recent [year to month old] made like the Boxer, Man. Red Cross & as you mention, some Auspicious Clouds. I'm no expert on these type ribbons but the Enthronment & Korean Annexation look and feel like old silk....must try the burn test. I bought 2 varieites of Auspicious Clouds from him, one like the image and one that matches old stock......

Various auctions and ribbon banks [like OMSA] sometimes have old original materials but that's sort of luck of the draw. Couldn't find replacements anywhere else & these fill the void cheaply....

I bought 2 varieites of Auspicious Clouds from him, one like the image and one that matches old stock......

Then you know what I am talking about ;)

Various auctions and ribbon banks [like OMSA] sometimes have old original materials but that's sort of luck of the draw.

Indeed! :cheers:

Edited by JapanX

Ok.

So what you should expect from replacement ribbons?

Let`s check out replacement ribbons for order of auspicious clouds (as example) from different manufacturers.

From russian vintage you`ll get this

Ok.

So what you should expect from replacement ribbons?

Let`s check out replacement ribbons for order of auspicious clouds (as example) from different manufacturers.

From russian vintage you`ll get this

The watering pattern looks so wrong!