News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have a question and I haven't been able to find the answer. I know there are cavalry generals and I know many generals were a la suite (honorary) ranks in units entitling them to wear the uniform of the regiment.

Were there Jager zu Pherde general ranks or a la suite ranks to Jager zu Pherde regiments?

Charles,

apart from the Kaiser who was the "Chef" of Regiment Königs-Jäger zu Pferde Nr. 1, there were no instances of General officers being appointed à la suite to any of the Jäger zu Pferde Regiments.

Regards

Glenn

Charles,

not to mention the brown leather pouch belt.

A couple of thoughts: the colours appear to match JRzP Nr. 3 and the board is that of a Generalmajor. Perhaps it is the board of an Oberst retired with the uniform of JRzP Nr. 3 and then recalled to service in WW1 still as an Oberst and then later promoted to Generalmajor.

Karl Frhr. v. Langermann und Erlencamp who retired in 1912 and commanded a reserve dragoon regiment in the war fits this scenario.

Regards

Glenn

Kragen, Revers und Ärmelaufschlag (collar, lapel and cuffs)

Zing... Okay, I didn't spend a lot of time looking at it but off hand the collar and cuff didn't look jager zu pherde to me but I'm wrong.

Edited by ccj

Charles,

not to mention the brown leather pouch belt.

A couple of thoughts: the colours appear to match JRzP Nr. 3 and the board is that of a Generalmajor. Perhaps it is the board of an Oberst retired with the uniform of JRzP Nr. 3 and then recalled to service in WW1 still as an Oberst and then later promoted to Generalmajor.

Karl Frhr. v. Langermann und Erlencamp who retired in 1912 and commanded a reserve dragoon regiment in the war fits this scenario.

Regards

Glenn

Nice Glenn, does this mean he possibly wore a uniform of the JzP3

Charles,

Most certainly. Krause, volume 2, page 594 states that it should be noted that the officers of wartime raised cavalry formations always wore the uniform of their peacetime parent unit unchanged.

Regards

Glenn