News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all had this in my collection for quite a while. I've always assumed it's a Sanitatsverdeinstkreuz from Bayern. The cross is silver/silvered metal, the suspension device and ring are gold, each arms are individually lined on the outer edges with gold, possibly difficult to see on the images these are soldered on individually, the suspension ring itself is marked "AH"

A few questions if I may

The ring is quite clearly stamped "AH" which I assume the be the manufacturer, any ideas?

The cross came without ribbon but I assume it was a light blue from research, the only other I've seen was on a ladies bow, was this a female only award?

As can be seen, the reverse has unfortunately lost some of its enamel and central cypher, (Seems to have been pulled off and not just fell off). As I know a jeweller who restores enamel etc is it worth having the damage restored?

Any value? I like it because it's quite a nice little dinky thing in hand, it actually looks far better than the images can show

sorry to be a pain

regards Alex K

Edited by Alex K

That is the Bavarian Medical Service Cross for 1870/71. It is missing the small gold crowned "L" on the reverse medallion and most of the blue enamel on the reverse surround. "A.H." is for Adam Hausinger of Munich, who also made early versions of the Military Service Order and Military Service Cross. The MVK on this group is marked "A.H."