News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My first TR ek1

Hi guys,

Just wondering who might easily spot a possible maker for my unmarked cased EK1. I tried to concentrate on imperial EKs only but this one got me. I should start meetings for this addictive behaviour...

Thanks, cheers. Alex

Hello Alex,

That is a very nice cross.

It is hard to say for certain from the photographs, but as I think I can see the 'crunch bead' flaw, I would say the maker is Wächtler & Lange.

(Juncker used very similar frames, so clearer straight on pictures would be needed to say for certain).

Regards - Danny

...but as I think I can see the 'crunch bead' flaw, I would say the maker is Wächtler & Lange. (Juncker used very similar frames, so clearer straight on pictures would be needed to say for certain).

Regards - Danny

Hi Danny, good eyes. Unfortunately I can not provide better pics out of my celphone right now, but you made me search for that crunch bead flaw tip on other threads. It is indeed present in my cross and although the pin anchor ends smoothly as a Juncker, another tip Ive read is the partially straight left side pin opposed to the curved right one. Most likely an unmarked W&L then! Many thanks for your input mate. Should I test if it has a brass core?