News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Finally the rest of William Lee Davis records an some photos

As you all know ,I have been working on William Lee Davis' Navy group with the Yangtze Medal, from last year. Well I finally received another 4 inches of copy paperwork from the National Archives. This is his Officer's records. Other than supplying his ships and assignments, there were 4 copies of photos of him 1949-1956. He retired as a Commander in 1956. I also acquired his engraved sword and a 20 Feb. 1942 Neptune Certificate (USS Indianapolis) from the dealer I had gotten the medals from. First he did serve on the USS Henley, but not during Pearl Harbor. He transferred to the USS Indianapolis in Aug. 1941, and was on her when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. The Indianapolis was at Johnson Island practicing shore bombardments. He also earned the following medals: WW2 Navy Occupation Medal with Asia bar; China Service Medal (extended); National Defense Medal; Korea Service Medal, and UN Korean Service Medal. He had 4 campaign stars on his Asiatic Pacific Campaign Medal. Here are the photos. Cheers Captain Albert

Edited by army historian

• 2 weeks later...