Photo of Militärverwaltungschef Egon Bönner

This photo appeared in a German newspaper and is supposed to show the Mayor of Hannover from 1943 to 1945, Egon Bönning. I don't think it can be him, because this General (or maybe administrative equivalent) is apparently wearing a PLM. I can't find a Bönning as a PLM holder. Does anyone recognize this guy?

File3849a.jpg

Edited by webr55

Situation cleared!

I have been able to locate the full picture (couldn't scan it however). It is a Croatian Zvonimir neck order, and this actually IS Bönning. I still don't understand, however, why I cannot find him in the usual sources as an administrative general.

He is supposed to have been in Serbia on some administrative position in general's rank.

Edited by webr55

• 8 months later...

I have finally been able to scan the entire photo. Now the Zvonimir can be seen clearly.

However, I got the name incorrect, it is Egon BÖNNER (1901-1981). He was chief of the military administration in Serbia in 1941, which was apparently a General-equivalent rank.

File4353a.jpg

Edited by webr55

• 3 years later...