News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Don't Open It, Liebchen! It's From The Gestapo!

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Red wax seal (who saved such a thing for 70 years? :speechless1: ) shared by the Traveling Museum. The seal is "Geheime Staatspolizei" over the eagle, "Aussendienststelle" over "Mainz" over "Staatspolizeistelle Darmstadt"

so... the Secret State Police (sure! Now EVERYBODY on the postie's route knows about it! :banger: ) Mainz sub-office for dealings with the public, under jurisdiction of Police HQ Darmstadt is... sending you... birthday greetings? :whistle::hitler:

Edited by Rick Research

I would think that something truly chilling would have been delivered in person, with a truck load of greeters to help in articulating the "message". It would be interesting to know what was written inside.

Guest Rick Research

Makes you wonder if this wasn't better than a sausage necked guy in a leather coat. Everybody in the Post Office knew. The route guy would have told all the neighbors--the whole neighborhood would have been watching the recipients after that... and most of them might have missed two goons on the doorstep at 3 A.M. ...

I can imagine it would feel much the same as getting one from our own modern day version of the GESTAPO in the USA; the IRS. It's a sick feeling getting one of those at the PO Box. Thankfully, it turned out to be harmless, lol.

Regards,

Sam K.

• 6 months later...