News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Our "NIBs"

Ed_Haynes

• Replies 83
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MRYL NIBs

Two NIBs from the Mongolian Revolutionary Youth League.

Would guess the first is for the 18th meeting/conclave/jamboree of the MYRL. And, yes, it is as large as it looks, some 63 x 40 mm.

Would guess the second is for the 60th anniversary of the MYRL, 1981.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Keep on truckin' (and bussin') NIBs

I would guess the first two are linked to the 60th anniversary of road transport, while the third might be linked to the 30th anniversary of bus transport. This is, of course, no more than uninformed guesswork!

Some more proncial NIBs

The first, from Umnugobi, seems a later and a MUCH lower quality version of the badge discussed above at http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5914&st=39 .

The second seems to be a 60th anniversary badge for Tuv province.

The third one appears to be some sort of anniversary badge from Arkhangai.

This is obviously a "NIB" as Battushig only shows one of this Medals where the enameled Ribbon-suspender has three rivets on the reverse. There is a Honorary Labor Medal listed in this style, but no Medal of Combat exactly like this.

I guess, its a common variation, but its not listed in the Battushig-book.

Gerd,

There are plenty of variations of this Medal. I have five, 2 screwback and 3 pinback, all slightely different, and I don't have all variations! This one is one of the variations I have.

Jan did a nice work, cataloguing types and variations, in another Forum, but I guess it would need to be updated by now. It should be somewhere in this Forum too I guess.

Dolf