News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Our "NIBs"

Ed_Haynes

No matter how good Dr. Battushig's book may be, it is not -- and never pretended to be -- exhaustive or complete. For example, he is quite aware how incomplete the book is with regard to badges.

To keep out thoughts straight, could we post here types, varieties, or items not included in the book, together with whatever imnformation we may be able to provide. (For the "big" awards, the orders and so on, it may be better to post this information in their individual threads on this sub-forum? Save this thread for the more "minor" wonders?)

• Replies 83
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed,

Without going into details now, just a couple of examples not mentioned on Dr. Battushig's book:

- Udarnik Shockworker's Badge entirely goldplated (I posted a pic of mine on another thread)

- I believe there are more Types/Variations of both the Honorary Medal of Combat and the Honorary Medal of Labor than those listed on the book (Jan should be able to help here)

- As for the Orders there are more Types/Variations than those listed on the book of for example:

A 23.1 - Order of the Red Banner of Combat Valor (I posted pics on another thread)

A 29 - Order of Combat Valor (pics also posted on another thread)

And of course there are also more Types/Variations of both the Order of Polar Star and the Order of Mother Heroine.

These are just a few examples.

Dolf

Guest Rick Research

No no! Long has it been thought that the American Southwest was the native range of the

jackalope

but NOW we know better! :beer::P

The Choibalsan shooter is of course in the book, but I would like to show this one with a great home made backing.

Jan,

Have you posted somewhere here the two variations?

As you know, C 08 on Dr. Battushig's book only shows the more common one, I know we both have both variations, maybe it would be a good idea to post both together or one after the other, what do you think?

Or I can post them later.

Cheers,

Dolf

Well, just found a pic you sent some time ago, so better sooner than later :D

Here they are. On the left the more common C 08, on the right a slight variation, the soldier is not aiming the gun towards the same letter.

Dolf

Jan,

Have you posted somewhere here the two variations?

As you know, C 08 on Dr. Battushig's book only shows the more common one, I know we both have both variations, maybe it would be a good idea to post both together or one after the other, what do you think?

Or I can post them later.

Cheers,

Dolf

Yes, I think the two variations are somewhere around here, though it might be good to post a side-by-side comparison. I have only the "angled rifle" version that B shows as #C 08 (p. 80). The "horizontal rifle" version is the one unpublished.

Well done, Dolf!! ;)

Edited by Ed_Haynes

This is fascinating, Dolf. Thanks for adding this.

There do seem to be three early holes in Battushig's presentation of the deputy badges (pp. 74-75):

State Great Assembly (1924-44)

State Lower Assembly (1944-51)

People's Great Assembly (1951-60)

Looks like this image may be the first of these, but this is only guesswork. Any idea on the reverse? Numbering?

Cross reference: the thread on deputy badges http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5294

Multiple choice question: Is this a "NIB" or a "mule"?

a) This is a "NIB" a variety of The Outstanding Construction Worker (B #N05).

b) This is an unholy marriage of The Outstanding Construction Worker (B #N05) and something else (maybe X01/X02?).

Your answer??