News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gebirgs Artillerie Militarpass-plus

Guest Rick Research

Wonder who added that in? It certainly doesn't match the handwriting of any other entry, doesn't have a date, and is in addition to the "%" mark for "not applicable" there.

If he had an EK2 it would have been entered on one of his unit pages with battle participation and conduct.

EK2s were, however, "de facto" given out by Freikorps units in 1919 and allowed as if they were 'real" awards later, so I wouldn't totally discount that entry. It would have been nice to see the actual supposed Urkunde though.

Seems like an extremely minor thing for modern fakery--makes me think HE did it.....

Hi Dante,

It is a really great find! I have more than 100 passes and none from Gebirgs Artillerie, wish to have at least one.

As to EK entry - I have seen few similar examples (entry was added with no reference in the text related to a service in specific unit).

It would be nice to have his Soldbuch.

Would you be so kind to show the cover?

Regards,

Marcni

Hello!

The Ers.Abtl./Geb.Art.Abtl.1 was disbanned in Schmiedeberg by the Jäger-Btl.5

He later served in the Geb.Btl.5. This one stood under command of the 11th army since 30.12.1917.

The marked Freikorps Dohna (or "Möwe") belonged to the Brigade z.b.V.5, formed 1.march 1919 with 110 officers and 2900 men. It later formed the II./Reichswehr-Gren.Rgt.53 (27.Brigade Frankfurt/Oder).

Since 17.2.1920 it became III.Küstrin/Reichswehr-Schützen-Rgt.105. In may 1920 the regiment 105 was disbanned and it became I./Reichswehr-Schützen-Rgt.10

I would not dismiss the EK entry out of hand. I have had a couple of groups where a postwar award was entered by the man when the award was made after demobilisation. In these cases he still has no awards when his last unit signed off.

Without an EK doc, or some other confirmation it is hard to say...