News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Lenin - Thank you!

Hi all,

I've just received the Lenin #433643. It is a beautiful, flawless T6V2 Lenin.

Thank you so much for your help.

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Spartan

Edited by spartan

This is an odd looking set. I have never seen a number so off center and the pages and format in the orders book looks different to me. Maybe later various? This is the latest OL I have seen thus far!

This is an odd looking set. I have never seen a number so off center and the pages and format in the orders book looks different to me. Maybe later various? This is the latest OL I have seen thus far!

Hi Paul,

The weight of this OL is normal, indicate it is made of gold. I guess no one gonna make a fake post WW2 OL with gold, because the value of a post WW2 OL is close to the value of its material. Also the luster and colour of enamel on this OL seems genuine. I can't find other ways to identify a genuine OL... I will appreciate if you could tell me some standards on it.

Regards,

Spartan

The booklet looks like an award type 8 booklet which is something like 1979 and above issue.

There are other metals that can be combined to mimic the weight of gold. not saying this isn't gold, but initially when it was posted it just seemed like a coated gild.

Do you have any other Lenin's to compare to this one, or is this your first one? :)

Edited by Rogi

The booklet looks like an award type 8 booklet which is something like 1979 and above issue.

There are other metals that can be combined to mimic the weight of gold. not saying this isn't gold, but initially when it was posted it just seemed like a coated gild.

Do you have any other Lenin's to compare to this one, or is this your first one? :)

Hi Rogi

It is my first type6 OL. I have a type5 OL and its weight seems the same with this new type6 one. I can find a electronic scale for laboratory and measure their accurate weight. But I don't know how to weight the medallion without the suspension and connecting link (like collectrussia.com webpage said) because both of the connecting rings have not been cut.

Spartan

... except the serial number on my OL is off center.

Nothing to worry about.

In this diapason they have this "right-wing deviation". Even mondvor specimen has number slightly displaced to the right ;)

In fact I knew some collectors who were ready to pay extra for such eccentricities :lol:

As I said earlier - congrats!

Nothing to worry about.

In this diapason they have this "right-wing deviation". Even mondvor specimen has number slightly displaced to the right ;)

In fact I knew some collectors who were ready to pay extra for such eccentricities :lol:

As I said earlier - congrats!

Thank you for your reply, benefited me a lot. :)

Edited by spartan