News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice Lippe-Detmold group / Sturm-Bataillon Nr.5 "Rohr"

Hi,

I just got the small (incomplete) group direct from the family.

Unfortunately not everything survived and some awards are missing (at least the IC 2nd class 1914).

It belongs to Wachtmeister Firtz Kleinege(e)s, Haubitzen-Batterie Sturm-Batl. No.5 "Rohr" and consists of

- Iron cross 1st class (marked KO)

- Felddienst-Ehrenzeichen

- Wounded badge in black

- Cross for heroic deeds Lippe-Detmold with the award document (unfortunately in a poor condition).

Kleinege(e)s received the Lippe-Detmold award on 11th June 1918.

I promised the previous owner to find out, for what Kleinege(e)s received the Lippe-cross, but I need some help in advance.

Where was the Sturm-Batl. No.5 Rohr between January and June 1918?

There are some books about this quite famous unit..maybe Kleinege(e)s is mentioned in it???

Does anybody have some more details on this unit (beside what you can find on www)?

Thanks in advance.

BR

Roman

Where was the Sturm-Batl. No.5 Rohr between January and June 1918?

There are some books about this quite famous unit..maybe Kleinege(e)s is mentioned in it???

The Problem is.... very little of it is earth shattering... And most of it is based on the same sources.... so even if there are a cerrtain about of books, or sections in books... it is usually the same, just presented differently... at least, what the facts are concerned.

Individual details are very few and far between

Best

Chris

Roman,

What information I have (maybe you already have all this):

Fritz Wilhelm Heinrich Kleineges, *4.3.1890 in Greste, Schötmar. Aktiver Wachtmeister, FAR 58, Haub.Bttr./Sturm-Btl. Rohr, promoted to Offz.Stellv. sometime between the time the LKEK was awarded and when he received it.

mfG

Dave

Roman,

What information I have (maybe you already have all this):

Fritz Wilhelm Heinrich Kleineges, *4.3.1890 in Greste, Schötmar. Aktiver Wachtmeister, FAR 58, Haub.Bttr./Sturm-Btl. Rohr, promoted to Offz.Stellv. sometime between the time the LKEK was awarded and when he received it.

mfG

Dave

Hi Dave,

thanks for the information..it seems that I have to go to the archive in order to look for the written suggestion for his award.

Definitely he muswt have done a heroic deed.

BR

Roman