News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Get RIPed

Chris Boonzaier

Maximised damage available to anyone who wants to buy them advertised by someone who purposely sounds like Clint Eastwood. Don't ammunition manufacturers and suppliers need some form of licence.

Why would anyone want these things? To shoot at targets, pieces of jelly, watermelons and Sainsbury's chickens I suppose. I have absolutely no idea why these would even be considered by any combat or security type professionals.

Since the Geneva Convention most forms of ammo. that have hollow points - and other nasty modifications, have been

banned. However, in SA we can freely buy - on our gun licenses - hollow pointed ammo..

The British originally called this type 'Dum Dum' - after the factory that made them in India.

The US military have a rocket type of ammo. - of which the pictures that Chris show, must be a variation. I saw them

on a James Bond film - so, it must be correct !

Say what you like - at short range a shotgun is still the best for defence. I have a twin barrel Brno. - can't use a multi-shot,

too heavy. I had 6 inches off the barrels to use more easily and one barrel has no. 9 shot (9 x .32 balls) and the other

a 1.5 ounce solid slug. (58gms). My only doubts are - could I get it out of the safe in an emergency................. Mervyn

"

Since the Geneva Convention most forms of ammo. that have hollow points - and other nasty modifications, have been

banned. However, in SA we can freely buy - on our gun licenses - hollow pointed ammo.."

Hi,

But that is only for the military... I think cops can use ammo that is forbidden by the Geneva convetion....

Yes, the ban only applies to the military. I think for home defense a frangible round is best as you don't want rounds going thru walls and into other rooms. I will say that that watermelon did not deserve to die that way.