News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ribbon bar of Hptm. dL. Pogge (Ex-member of the "Reitendes Feldjägerkorps)?

I own that picture for some years now. It shows Forstmeister and Hauptmann der Landwehr Pogge.

With help of Glenn J. I received the following infos:

Karl Pogge, born 17 April 1873 at Schweckwitz in Pomerania. Served with the RFJK from 10 Nov 1896 to 19 Aug 1909. Forstmeister in Neubrück a.d. Spree.

So Pogge was one of the four Feldjäger who were deployed to China.

In my opinion it is also interesting that Pogge received Decorations from Russia and Italy for his participation on the Boxer-War in China (1900/1901) but no german awards like (for example) the prussian Crown Order 4th class with swords. Never seen a combination like that but the Rangliste of 1904 proves the opposite:

Lt. Wallmann: RSt3x

Lt. Graf v. Wintzingerode: JK 5 and RSt3x

During Oblt. von dem Borne received the following awards for his participation in China:

KO4x, RSt3x, RA3

So it was usually that members of the "Reitendes Feldjägerkorps" received foreign awards (russians and italians awards) but no german awards (like prussian, bavarian, saxon and so on).

Back to Hptm. dL Pogge.

Last Christmas I received the post ribbon bar. Thanks a lot to my collector friend :beer:

The ribbon match in all points with the medal bar of Hptm. d.L. Pogge. Only the miniatur battle clasp "Houlu" is missing.

So is it for real the ribbon bar of Hptm. d.L. Pogge?

It would be nice if someone could verify it.

Thanks a lot

Best wishes

Karsten

• 3 weeks later...

Great photo and ribbon bar! Thanks for showing it and the background information. Now, all you need to do is find a miniature "Houlu" clasp. Shouldn't be too hard.... :speechless1:

Actually, don't be dismayed. If you keep checking the dealers and don't give up, one may pop up. Good hunting!