News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

I am looking for a picture of a medal issued by sachsen-coburg-gotha (or its predecessor as a Duchy) for serviced during the Befreiungskriege against Napoleon. I have a painting (which I cannot show here) of someone who lived 1796-1864, served as a scg Geheimrat and amongst a PJO, a BZL2b and a SEHO3 wears a medal with a ribbon that looks either black/dark green striped.

Its a long shot, but maybe someone here can help me out with identifiying the medal.

regards

David

well it could be but I dont think so. the ribbon I am looking for (I took a closer look has 5 vertical stripes green white green white green) one side of the medal destinctively shows a cross....I will look maybe for a scs medal (sachsen-coburg-saalfeld)

... and, according to Nimmergut, has a white ribbon with three green stripes, as you explained it. I think that's the one!

It came in three different versions, one by Sachsen-Meiningen, one by Sachsen-Coburg-Saalfeld and one by Sachsen-Hildburghausen. Each has it's dukes or duchess name on the front, and they have different suspensions. Current OEK shows all three of them on pages 583/584.