News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good evening!

From what I can see, this badge appears to be correct to me. I have not handled too many badges and am respectfully requesting a second opinion. There seems to be a black finish on the eagle.

Thank you in advance!

with much respect

Paul

Paul,

On first impression I would say that this is one of those badges that I would have to see a lot more of before accepting as original. If pushed, I would have to say that I have doubts.

What we see is an example of an ?Air Gunner/Flight Engineer? badge, in zinc, supposedly made from parts supplied by ?C.E Juncker? and marked ?JMME&Sohn Berlin?.

I could accept the JMME/Juncker connection as the collaboration between the two firms is well known,

Things that give me concern.

The badge has a reverse setup (Hinge/Catch) and cut-out swas? only found on Buntmetal pieces. Both JMME and Juncker used hinge/catch plates on their AG/FE badges.

The maker mark looks weak and not what I?d expect from an original mark? Again, it?s hard to tell from the picture but the ?M? looks too wide and the ?&? looks too small.

The eagle has a very small tail compared to other ?Juncker? examples and lacks overall detail.

I can?t comment on the rivets due to the size of the picture.

All I can say is that if this badge were offered to me?I?d pass and go for a less controversial example.

Here is an example of an AG/FE badge by Juncker. If you already have the badge, do some side by side comparisons and should you wish for some measurements, let me know.

Hi Paul,

I tend to agree with John, especially when it comes to the hinge and catch - The lack of baseplates under both of these is something I don't care to see on a zinc piece. I would expect to see these on a zinc Juncker/JMME later war badge. The maker mark, to me as well, is a little "off" - The lettering isn't quite right in my eyes either. The cutout in the swaz is also odd for a Juncker/JMME zinker. I too would expect to see this on a buntmetall Juncker/ JMME RO/AG or Juncker FE, but not on a zinker made by one of these firms I too would pass on this as well! Sorry!

ERIC