News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guys,

I guess these were in the rations?

Could be post war but I have some boiled sweets boxes 44/45 dated that have a similar colour scheme?

We used to have them but not in tins, they were in a blisterpack affair and bloody awful taste if you used them.

These are all missing the original contents but were full of old buttons.

Jock :)

Jock - old military tins are quite a big collecting field. I have always found that it is the early Brit. ones that fetch quite high prices -

however, the possible collecting numbers must be enormous if you start on the Foreign ones.

I have found the reason you didn't like the taste - these are sterilizing tablets........................... Mervyn

Most of these rations were never issued..., according to my dear old friend Norman (1st Bn, KRRC), who went overseas for 5 years.

I took him to a show of WW2 collectibles, and he did not have a clue that there was so much about for the servings of the common soldier/rifleman.

The lot of these stocks were not issued until after the war, and while the war was on, there was sweet f/a for the troops...

So, to all re-enactors, don't invest in canned stuff, it is more realistic to show an empty haversack with a pair of worn out socks.

Edited by Odulf

Kriss,

Nothing for you, just civy buttons that the wife has confiscated!

I did find some Stahlhelm buttons not long ago, if I can find them I post them up.

Odulf,

For sure things often get 'stored' as stores are for storing not issues.

Jock :)