News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Collectors,

I would like to get some information regarding of an Ottoman Empire Iftihar ve Sanayi Medal (Pride, Gratification, Fine Arts and Industry Medal) which has an inscription on the reverse named to "Graf Ferdinand"

I would appreciate all those Collectors,who can help me to find more information regarding that Graf Ferdinand (von Zeppelin) honored with this medal.Like pictures,paper work..

Thank you very much.

Muhittin

• 1 month later...

Just curious, is this gold or silver medal?

If it's indeed to Graf Zeppelin... wow!

:speechless1:

The medal is not listed in Bretzendorfer's work on non-Württemberg awards to Württemberg military.

But that doesn't mean necessarily he didn't get one, I'd say...

The inscription (engraving) looks newer as the medal... no patina around or in the inscription... Turkish written in arabic letters is quite hard to decipher, because very few use it today (since Atatürk, it is used latin alphabet), but it would be nice to see what can be read and if it's free of possible orthographic mistakes...

I'm a bit skeptical, but it's just me!

ciao,

Claudio

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious, is this gold or silver medal?

If it's indeed to Graf Zeppelin... wow!

:speechless1:

The medal is not listed in Bretzendorfer's work on non-Württemberg awards to Württemberg military.

But that doesn't mean necessarily he didn't get one, I'd say...

The Medal its in Silver.

The inscription (engraving) looks newer as the medal... no patina around or in the inscription... Turkish written in arabic letters is quite hard to decipher, because very few use it today (since Atatürk, it is used latin alphabet), but it would be nice to see what can be read and if it's free of possible orthographic mistakes...

I'm a bit skeptical, but it's just me!

ciao,

Claudio

Claudio, it says exactly "Graf Ferdinand".Of course that doesn't mean its %100 Graf Zeppelin.If there other Graf Ferdinands exist, it could be one of them as well.The inscription its not new. Unfortunately the Medal was cleaned once, so there is no patina left.Also I took the picture under the light to show better details of that engraving,so it is a little shiny.Also, lets say you are engraving a medal and trying to look like honoring Graf Zeppelin, why not directly engraving the name "Zeppelin" ?? If thats the whole point ,don't you think that would of make everything easier??

Regards