Medal Bar by Godet with Oldenburg Connection

Please find below pictures of an unknown officer's medal bar who did obviously have a connection to the Grand Duchy of Oldenburg.

It shows the following awards:

1. Prussia, Iron Cross 2nd class 1914, OEK 1909

2. Prussia, Red eagle 4th class, OEK 1704

3. Prussia, Dienstauszeichnungskreuz for officers, OEK 1970

4. Prussia, Zentenarmedaille (1897), OEK 1965

5. Oldenburg, Friedrich August Cross 2nd class 1914, OEK 1563

6. Oldenburg, Knights Cross 2nd class with Crown of the Haus- und Verdienstorden, OEK 1520 (missing)

Since the last award is placed behind the Friedrich August Cross, it should be the civil version of the house order.

Any observations are more than welcome!

Great looking bar! Nice awards and when you add back the HPFL 2K m/Crown it will return it to its former glory. Sorry I can't help you with a replacement House order. The one I have is with swords. ;)

This could be an example of the old question; whether to restore or not. In this case, I'm all in favor of adding the missing award to the bar. Usually seamstress skills are involved in sewing on a missing award. In this situation, it may take a jeweler to cleanly return the Order to the crown.

Good hunting on getting the missing award and with the identification of the gent.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Blog Comments

• As a theology student my professor, a much published former Naval chaplain, set us an essay, saying that if we could answer that successfully we would be guaranteed  a good degree "Which of the gospel writers was the biggest liar, discuss."   I got a good mark, but  don't want to be burned for heresy.   P
    • As my father used to say: "Tain't so much Pappy's a liar - he just remembers big."  
    • Brian: First, let me say that I always enjoy reading your blog and your "spot on" comments.  Another fine topic with such a broad expansion into so many different facets.  I had watched this a week or two ago and when reading your blog, it reminded me of this great quote.   There is a great video on the origins of "Who was Murphy in Murphy's Law"   Anyway, about mid way through this video, there is this great quote and I think it sums it up quite well to your statem
    • I've received word from the Curator that she has permission to re-open this summer.   We're already making plans for a November event at the Museum.   Michael
    • I recall I did the same on hot days at Old Fort York back in 1973-74 - wool uniforms, and at 90F they would let you take your backpack off.   Michael