News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Alexander von Webern - Any WW-1 Details?

Hello all,

I have recently acquired a Wehrpass to eventual WW-2 era Oberstleutnant Alexander von Webern who was born 19th December 1889 in Breslau and I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on his WW-1 service, presuming he served as an officer during that conflict?

In 1935 he served as a Btl-Führer in IR-Glogau and was a Major d.Reserve in 1939 when he served as Btl-Kdr of Inf.Feld.Ers.Btl 18. In 1940 he served as Btl-Kdr of III/IR 417 before going on to serve in Stab 708 Inf.Division and eventually with Landesschützen Btl 559 in Stalag VIIIB. Unfortunately it does not list any of his WW-1 units or campaigns.

He was promoted to Major d.Reserve on 1st July 1936 and to Oberstleutnant d.Reserve on 1st January 1944.

Awards wise it appears that he won both the EK II & I on 17th September 1914 unless that is a piece of lazy admin work where the admin clerk just used the date of one for both.

Any light that can be shed on his WW-1 record would be much appreciated.