News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Suvorov 1st Class for sale!

Fantastic!!... and for sale, on a well known NJ Soviet orders dealer (Collectrussia) :

"Order of Suvorov 1st class, #754. In platinum, gold and enamels.

Excellent overall condtion with a tiny nick to the gold edge of the center medallion at 10 o'clock position and a single thin scratch to the lower left part of the sunburst, visible in the photo. Enamel is in pristine condition. It exibits the extraordinarily high quality characteristic of Suvorov 1st class.

Serial number shows scratches, possibly an unsuccessful attempt to alter or eraze it. However, the number is still clearly discernable and is in all likelihood the origninal number. An attempt to research it through the archives yelleded no results. Although the number is within the range of issued pieces, this is probably an unissued example.

Comes with McDaniel authentication certificate showing 9 out of 10 condition rating.

$84,000.00 ".

Are you ready to bid ? :P

Cheers.

Ch.

Very nice, but would you pay 89.000 Dollar for an unissued order, which never belonged to anyone? I wouldn?t, even if i had the money.

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

I agree. I wouldn't certainly do it... even if I already got a discount, as it is $84,000 (only)!!

But, if I had the money... maybe I would buy it (with a nice discount), just to get a nice one, the time to find a "real" historical one, issued. And, again, if i had the money :off topic: , may be I would keep both of them!!!

Cheers.

Ch.

Hi Gerd,

I agree. I wouldn't certainly do it... even if I already got a discount, as it is $84,000 (only)!!

But, if I had the money... maybe I would buy it (with a nice discount), just to get a nice one, the time to find a "real" historical one, issued. And, again, if i had the money :off topic: , may be I would keep both of them!!!

Cheers.

Ch.

Hi Christophe,

my bad, read the price wrong. Its indeed 84.000 Dollar, but thats not much better.

I still wouldn?t buy it, as i love my collectibles for the story behind and the things, they may have seen. What was it awarded for to whom for what? Thats, what is the thrill of collecting for me and not to get every existing variation together. I have no problem with that though, as i do it to a certain degree myself, but if i spend this insane amount of money on one single order, it should have a very nice story with it. This Suvorov has "no life" in my opinion.

Gerd

Gerd,

Your opinion makes sense. the "If I (we) had the money..." was pure fiction !!! :P

But, let's contemplate the beauty of the order!!

Cheers.

Ch.

You are right, Christophe, can?t argue against the beauty :love:

Indeed, i?ll never own a Suvorov 1st class, but i really don?t mind. There must be allways some unreachable pieces IMHO. ;)

Gerd

That "If only..." is a killer!!! While I would love to have a Suvorov (who wouldn't?), I would not buy this beautiful piece because it was not awarded and therefore no research. That's what I love about Soviet and British ODMs...the research!!!

Doc

• 2 months later...

This Suvorov 1st Class seems having been sold. It has disappeared from the dealer's website.

Same for the Goznak Red Star ($33.000)... :o

Ch.

Yeah, Christophe, you know, it will be a nice filler on my display, until an awarded one comes my way... :cheeky:

Guest Rick Research

As long as everybody is happy. :beer:

Hard to imagine, isn't it, that a mere FIVE YEARS AGO I'd get calls from Igor for mid-Three Figures items? :speechless1:

I am profoundly thrilled and excited with what I get (and what I got, oooooooyeah). It is all smooooooooth sailing at my level. :rolleyes:

You guys are heartless...

imagine the Poor Five Figures Collector who runs out of the "All" in Everything and has nothing left to "collect" any more in that price range? :(

Me, I'll be happy with a reseached Red Star until the far off day I die. Every story new and fresh....