News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some of my rarer Soviet Badges

New Thread for rboomsma

I had previously posted this thread in German area, now in right area, my mistake :speechless:

My Order Of red Banner of labor, Only 5 have been seen due to the unusal mint mark, mine is listed on the Mondvor site.

Edited by rboomsma

My Belgrade Mint error.

Front.

I should mention it has not been proven one way or the other if these medals were delibertly made in error or were an actual mint error. Paul McDanial feels there are a true mint error and the Mondvor website for soviet orders and medals has not been abel to prove either way, so they don't list the medal. Same for the Kiev.

Edited by rboomsma

Guest Rick Research

My computer cannot work on Cyrillic websites, so I haven't clicked on the links. :(

:Cat-Scratch: But that is interesting about the Kiev and Belgrade "errors" being late-- never thought of that with the Kiev, since ALL of those have the struck as part of the medal round rings, but the fact that thye Belgrade errors (all of them?) also have the 1960s+ type suspension rings does sound like good circumstantial evidence for a common, very late single Bad Batch...

however 1993 was arrived at as a specific date for them.

It is said here that the errors on the Belgrad and Kiev medals have been made in Moscow in 1993 by a particular. It says that nobody was ever awarded this medal with such an error.

http://awards-su.com/index/md/zaosvbelg/ru/zaosvbelg.htm

http://awards-su.com/index/md/oboronakieva...boronakieva.htm

A poor translation states this:

Below presented samples with a mistake on a reverser and without a mistake, it is impossible to consider as a collection material as they have been stamped in 1993г., on Moskovsk a mint under the order of private persons in a number of other spears of the brass medals having and for today, high enough popularity among collectors. The mistake has been made casually, without any preliminary intention. Never nobody was awarded with these medals. Distinctive features: not sealed-in connecting ring; full absence of any traces оксидирования.

Guest Rick Research

:beer:

So I think we can scratch bothering with these "rare mint errors" as REAL in future--

good information to have.

I have never seen one of these, myself.