News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I had no idea that these were stashed in the little City? (it has a Cathedral) of Brecon - Mid Wales. It has the highest concentration I've ever seen of VCs. 

The local:

IMG_90011.jpg

The actual Flag:

IMG_89691.jpg

And the VCs: 

The photo'd one is the only one they do not own (replicas in the display, the museum owns the originals):

IMG_89511.jpg

Did you go to the militaria fair there today?  They have the a regimental chapel in the cathedral and the regimental museum, which used to be in the castle but is in the army camp these days I think?  I've not been for ages and will have to go again one of these days.

Jerry, yes, I went to see a friend at the fair. Only a small fair but very friendly with some interesting stuff.. He has convinced me to display (and maybe sell) some of my artwork at the next one. I'll be there on 22nd May.

I'll probably pay another visit to the museum to get a second look, well worth a visit just to see the snow capped mountains and feel that Northerly breeze down the valley - brrrrrrrr. 

By the way, isn't the Union Flag displayed wrongly?  

Edited by Spasm