News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

At first I thought I had bought a Napoleonic noncom Prussian vet; the ebay picture was fuzzy (taken in @1880 in Philidelphia, PA., USA) and there's the color shift-but then I looked hard and he's not a Prussian. But I'm not unhappy, because I think he might be a Baden Napoleonic vet-or at least someone on the other side of the barricades in '48.

What do you think?

It looks to me like a Prussian Napoleonic service medal (1815) and a Franco-Prussian War Medal. Is that even possible without the 1864 or 1866 medals and given his age? He looks to be in his 60's-70's. He would have to be much older for a napoleonic, say in his 80's (even if he was a young ensign then.) or 90's. I think he is wearing his medal and an ancestors medal. Since he is in the U.S. the regulations do not apply.

Dan Murphy

Edited by Daniel Murphy

I've been squinting and measuring and you are right!! he is prussian. there's a hint of a circle in medal #2, but in looking at it at an angle, magnified in sunlight one can see the cross arms.

:beer:

I'm buying everyone a beer!

There's another ebay pic of a Napoleonic vet up for sale at the moment-I think most folks think it is a shooting medal.