News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A really clean XACAH Set

The early "big" battles of Hasan & Halhingol I find very interesting. Per my "Evil Twin"?:

"Now, I am NOT sure from eccentric handwriting if his last name is Dorelov or Gorelov, but Il'ya Ignatievich got this 22 February 1940 as attested by the Vladivostok Naval Hospital. He is a naval officer, so no rank showing in those pre-shoulder board days. TEENSY airbrushed photo all but obscures the fact that he is wearing the 1938 "Jubilee" Medal:"

Guest Rick Research

I can find NO mention of Soviet NAVAL involvement...

leading me to suspect that this was an early "M*A*S*H*" type unit called in as casualties mounted, and rare and obscure indeed.

• 2 months later...

Sorry, have no idea where the second part of Gorelov's group. All I can do - just to post a picture of his RKKA document here. Probably it's sitting in someone's collection right now. I have no idea why the owner decided to split this amazing group. This scan is from June 2002... Four years...

As you can see, he was at the rank of Military Doctor 3rd class (in 1943 this rank was changed to Medical Corps Major).

Edited by MONDVOR

Guest Rick Research

:beer: Nice memory save on the 1938 image! I wonder if Gorelov was purged, or died during the war? he did not make Admiral rank during the war.