News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HEER - SS LS Miniature Bar

Well, I think you just struck the "10 Ring" Prosper..... I think the owner fully expected to push it on at a substantial sum of money. Pure speculation mind you. I stand by my original thought. A curiosity at best and not something I'd drop a lot of $$ on. However as a parts piece, the miniatures do all appear to be authentic 16mm (+/-) pieces and do have a certain amount of value even as loose pieces. But certainly no premium should be charged for this piece.

Stogie, pardon me for being persistent, but would you render that assumption on any other item, apart from minis, based on these images? Of course you're right, they present a value individually if correct, but who can tell? I believe we should treat these small beauties in the same manner as their older brothers. I've said my piece and will now rest my case ;)

KR

Peter

Hi Rick,

No problem, maybe I'm just picky and it all boils down to semantic ;) . Your statement that they had a value was based on the assumption they appeared genuine, which is correct provided they are genuine. From were I'm standing it's not possible to tell whether they are good or bad, considering the poor images. A reference to the individual pieces IF they were authentic had been more appropriate.

I'm fully aware of the lack of consensus regarding miniatures. This is why I'm such a pain in the butt and persist on trying to raise the awareness amongst us. Although your "evil twin" successfully proved me wrong, authenticity can be established without scrutinizing the actual medals, I still think the evaluation of the medals should come first.

KR

Peter

Guest Rick Research

No, I'M the Good Twin... and have no trouble following you at all.

I agree-- I would have grave doubts about the originality of the minis even as pieces, without clearer scans that would show at a glance how they are made and finished.

After the outbreak of the war, it was very VERY unusual to find lapel chain size minis of WW2 awards, which is what purport to hang from this Hollywood monstrosity. The much smaller stickpin type minis were far more popular, since very few active duty personnel were discharged into civilian life and had any need or opportunity for the Full Fancy Dress that "full size" miniatures (if I can use that term) required.

CIVILIANS wearing such things-- especially OLD civilians, I can understand:

[attachmentid=32336]

but then an elderly civilian did not HAVE a uniform for display in any form other than this "Sundays and holidays" sort of lapel wear.

Well guys, I'd just love to copy and paste the war of words flying over there about this one, but I'd rather not mention names or put quotes in here. The fellow that has this (minature bar) swears up and down that it's a real deal combination. I know nothing about these, but thought it was rather rude the way the person was treating others that had doubts about this one.

That is pretty much becoming SOP for opposing views lately.

JMHO

Don

That is pretty much becoming SOP for opposing views lately.

JMHO

Don

Yes, so much tends to turn into an increasingly nasty and hormone-soaked "he said, he said" "spitting" match, especially where money and egos are involved. So sad. It almost puts you off the whole "hobby". The attitudes are almost as bad as the fakes that engender them.

IPB Image

It is nice to be among "gentlemen" here.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Guest Rick Research

The monstrosity, although silent, speaks loud and clear and tells everything... all on its simple physical construction own.

I can "see" the hand snipped all brass reverse even without a scan.

NOT supernatural powers---

experience and knowledge. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

The Twin Rickies attended our monthly local militaria show today and for the first time observed

MULTIPLE

versions of these monstrosities---

in a display case full of Ohio Parts Fraud style ribbon bars

and as my Evil Twin will be along to verify later, we need not concern ourselves worrying whether original minis are being misused on these grotesque fantasy horrors

ALL the parts are bad.

And yet the cheerful seller of gold bullion Hollywood SS insignia and dreck and junque of all type Third Reich-ian-- 100% of his offerings being the drain cloggings of collecting--

wanted 150 very real American dollars per each 12 or so long Mowrawn Titoista bar.

Expect massive quantities of these. I hereby dub them the "Tito Model 2005."