News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

So what do the experts think (of the awards, not the seller) ?

Sending the pics proves nothing about the honesty of his transaction anyway! Doesn't even proves he/she actually owns these pieces!

Anyway, here they are for your appreciation.

Dolf

Guest Alanirvine

Dolf,

I doesn't suprise me that he would not agree to personally exchanging money for the medals.

The medals look good to me though, but as you say, anyone can come up with pictures.

Would he agree to an escrow account? That can work with questionable transactions if the seller would agree. I don't think that he would though.

I know, I got burned for a good sum of money for a HSL that I purchased from Latvia and never received.

I think that Rusty knows about that guy.

BTW, Rusty, what do you think about this guy in Austria?

Well, no bids and two days to go.

Also, one of the Lenins has 666 in the serial number and that particular number has a special meaning for some.

Alanirvine

Edited by Alanirvine

Dolf,

I doesn't suprise me that he would not agree to personally exchanging money for the medals.

The medals look good to me though, but as you say, anyone can come up with pictures.

Would he agree to an escrow account? That can work with questionable transactions if the seller would agree. I don't think that he would though.

I know, I got burned for a good sum of money for a HSL that I purchased from Latvia and never received.

I think that Rusty knows about that guy.

BTW, Rusty, what do you think about this guy in Austria?

Well, no bids and two days to go.

Also, one of the Lenins has 666 in the serial number and that particular number has a special meaning for some.

Alanirvine

Alan,

The Medals look apparently good to me too, but as I said that doesn't mean too much! He could have picked the pics in some Russian Forum for example!...

It's the only payment method he accepts that makes me suspicious, specially being a seller from that part of the World. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against those good people but as you say there have been plenty of buyers burned on eBay by dealers from those countries... in fact he is registered in Belarus, only the awards would be in Austria!

As for no bids and only ywo days to go... well I have myself quite a few items on eBay on the same circumstances, so... :cheeky:

Yes, the 666 is the anti-christ number, according to some... :P

Dolf

Thanks, Dolf!! Maybe he got scared off by too many legitimate questions being asked and he realised that he was caught. Just my two cents worth.

Doc

Mike,

I just don't know if it was him who withdraw the item or if it was eBay who removed it! In fact, if I read it correctly what is said on eBay I think it could have been removed by eBay! If my memory is not wrong when a seller withdraw an item I don't think the eBay text is the same as this one I got!

So maybe someone (perhaps the real owner of those items!) just complained to eBay and...

In fact I just checked as I was writing this and the seller in question is... No longer a registered user...

I guess that says it all!

Dolf :cheers: