News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Weird ribbon on two-place bar

Guest Rick Research

:speechless1: Is that actually woven in one piece? It looks like someone rolled up thread and ?glued it all together to make the second ribbon-- I have never seen warp and woof (or whatever the two ways are called) going in TWO directions on a ribbon like that!!!!

It would be the Spanish "White" War Cross, usually the arms were red and the ribbon colors reversed. "Red" was the much more common frontline bravery type, while the "white" was war merit/rear services. I can't think of anything else it could be, though there is no 1936-39 Spanish Civil War Campaign Medal.

It is in one piece, but a very strange style. Somehow I can't believe this is the Spanish ribbon. And I have seen it once before, in this lot sold on ebay:

What is it??

4c_1_b.JPG

Edited by webr55

that funny ribbon is actually a Red cross long service ribbon for 15 years from the Federal republic of Germany. Stil used today. So I can hardly imagine that it was originally on that ribbon bar.

Best regards

Daniel

:speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

the making style brought me to think it looks like the nowadays federal red cross long service award.

It comes actually just as ribbon bar, here some examples:

Yes, and the ribbon looks very contemporary. Ok, probably this is a fake, but somehow it makes me think perhaps this IS someone who really got a KVK2X and later joined the Red Cross. I mean, why fake a two-place bar with such a lousy ribbon?