News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

GCVO breast star 245

Hello!

I am looking for a little help here. Is it possible to find the recipient of this GCVO star # 245 ?

Tried to search on our forum and found so far that it is not very easy. There is a reference about GCVO #272 which was awarded to a Danish General in 1908.

Any tips are welcome! Thank you!

And I wonder where the cross is? ;)

IMG_0188.JPG

At one stage, I was told that info about recipients of any level of the Royal Victorian Order was never released from St James Palace. They don't reply to inquiries. And if I remember correctly (something that is happening less and less these days), appointments to the Royal Victorian Order are not published in the Gazette. So no good news I am afraid. I have 3 RVO medals and orders and I would like to research mine too. 

Greg.

Back in the day [1980s], when I had money enough to at least consider buying orders, the people in London who administered such were very accomodating.  Then, one assumes as a result of a personnel or policy change, they swung 180 degrees and started asking enquirers "Where did you get that and when are you returning it to us, its rightful owner?"

It is still technically the case that most orders are in fact the property of HMG and, as far as I know, can still be 'collected' again shopuld one be located by, for example, an enquiry from its current custodian. So, sadly, I don't think asking the St James the way to go. :(

Edited by peter monahan

• 2 months later...
    On ‎14‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 00:24, Greg said:

And if I remember correctly (something that is happening less and less these days), appointments to the Royal Victorian Order are not published in the Gazette. 

Greg.

Well, I found one.

:)

See on the lower right side:

Chancellor.JPG