News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon bar incl. Mecklenburg and Elizabeth Medal

Farkas

Hi Gents

"A little knowledge is more dangerous than none...."

I'm always happy to be corrected and as you may know it happens.

i'm starting to think like you guys.....

if medal 3 was a 1908 jubilee then wouldn't it be after the 1912/13 mobilisation? And wouldn't he have length of service awards?

So I hesitantly believe it is the ribbon for the Elizabeth medal. The white stripe is so thin compared to the red one.

the bar is good quality. Ribbons 2,3 & 4  barely underlap. They are trimmed on their left so I don't see any reason, or evidence, that number 3 is trimmed on the visible right hand side.

IMG_2530.thumb.JPG.b738d09fda8e714e15882699add23a29.JPG

IMG_2529.thumb.JPG.38af0a59bbc9af4445fb78a408e5d80c.JPG

IMG_2528.thumb.JPG.7c360b6aa7d18a017972697f3b4f27a8.JPG

IMG_2526.thumb.JPG.4a8a557d7a641e6f8390b7843632996f.JPG

Any thoughts welcome as always....

tony

Well Farkas, I see very ordinary “Bandstreife” bar of the low-ranked AH officer (Leutnant/ 2nd lieutenant or Oberleutnant/ 1st lieutenant), starting with “something” on the ribbon of Military Merit Cross with Swords, which probably should be Bronze Military Merit Medal (BMVM/ Signum Laudis), followed by Karl-Truppen Cross, then there is Jubilee Cross 1908 and last AH medal is Mobilization Cross 1913. The medal at the end of the bar should be 2nd Class Military Merit Cross of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. It´s absolutely correct and fully respecting the order of precedence. That officer was too young to get Long Service Cross for Officers for 25 years because even in 1918 he would be commissioned in 1893 which would mean that he had to have Jubilee Medal 1898.

Elisabeth-Medaille was only for ladies and it was worn on butterfly ribbon. It goes without saying that there wasn’t any particular “Bandstreife” (small ribbon for bar) for it. It never existed.  

Regards,

Tifes

1 minute ago, tifes said:

Well Farkas, I see very ordinary “Bandstreife” bar of the low-ranked AH officer (Leutnant/ 2nd lieutenant or Oberleutnant/ 1st lieutenant), starting with “something” on the ribbon of Military Merit Cross with Swords, which probably should be Bronze Military Merit Medal (BMVM/ Signum Laudis), followed by Karl-Truppen Cross, then there is Jubilee Cross 1908 and last AH medal is Mobilization Cross 1913. The medal at the end of the bar should be 2nd Class Military Merit Cross of Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. It´s absolutely correct and fully respecting the order of precedence. That officer was too young to get Long Service Cross for Officers for 25 years because even in 1918 he would be commissioned in 1893 which would mean that he had to have Jubilee Medal 1898.

Elisabeth-Medaille was only for ladies and it was worn on butterfly ribbon. It goes without saying that there wasn’t any particular “Bandstreife” (small ribbon for bar) for it. It never existed.  

Regards,

Tifes

Brilliant!

Thanks Tifes

i knew I stood to be corrected... i should have googled Elizabeth Medal first... I am having a chuckle!

i have just bought a ribbon book (in shot) and identified the Mecklenburg ribbon for the first time. It looked familiar and I dug my ribbons out to investigate- found it-- I had thought previously it was probably a vet or civilian award because I had the trifold ribbon, but I didn't find it.

-----//:

I'm surprised the 1908 is ordered before 1912/13 too. (Re Significance though not datewise)

Thanks again Tifes

tony

• 11 months later...