News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Orders and decorations of Hessen und bei Rhein

I know the Order of Philipp the Magnanimous order was founded in 1849, but which order was awarded by the Grandduk befor that, how did it look and would anyone know where to get a hold of the Matrikel?

Thanks

David

That would be the "House order of Hessen". Basically the predecessor of the Ludwigs Order. I believe since 1806 or 1808:

Hi Andreas!

Thanks!Are there any books on this order or its members?

David

Edited by David M

David,

the order is mentioned in most of the literature. I am sure there are old state hand books from that time, but the actual archives burned unfortunately down.

The House order of Hessen was a real house order in any case. Meaning: immediate family, friendly allies....

I see!! To bad they were all destroyed, but I'll go and ask the statesarchiv in Darmstadt if they can loook up the person I am searching for (again von Steuber). Thanks for your help Andreas and Dave

Bye for now

David M