News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Medjidie... good one or bad one?

Hauptmann

Hi all,

Am part Turkish and have always wanted to get a few Turkish (Ottoman) Orders but generally they're way out of my range. Am eyeing one but I know there are a ton of fakes out there and I know enough to be almost dangerous when it comes to this area. Would deeply appreciate any help anyone can give re: good or bad and if possible roughly (assuming good) what a decent price would be.

Here's the pics... fingers crossed.

Many thanks!

Dan

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Hello Dan;

It appears like you have something there that looks like the Turkish Order of Medjidie -5th class.  I say, "looks like" because I don't like this one.  However, there are others on this forum with a LOT more experience than me with these orders, and they may disagree.

There are better quality Medjidies that can be purchased for $300 -$500.  In the last two years there has been some downward price pressure on these awards.