Kriegsmarine Admiral

Unknown class of a Japanese ribbon

Hello, what class of the Japanese Order of the Sacred Treasure is this? This is the ribbon bar of Vizeadmiral Joachim Lietzmann who was the Naval-Attaché at the German Embassy in Tokyo, Japan (24 Aug 1937-30 Mar 1940).

post-160-1229051950.jpg

I would say that it is for the 4th class which IIRC would be the correct level for a Vice Admiral, however I don't think the device is correct.

Cheers

Larry

Edited by Laurence Strong

On 21. 01. 2018. at 05:04, Laurence Strong said:

I would say that it is for the 4th class which IIRC would be the correct level for a Vice Admiral, however I don't think the device is correct.

Cheers

Larry

Keep in mind he was a Kapitan zur See during that time, not a Vizeadmiral. So you still think it's the 4th Class? I.e. the Officer's Cross?

On 20.01.2018 at 21:39, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

Hello, what class of the Japanese Order of the Sacred Treasure is this? This is the ribbon bar of Vizeadmiral Joachim Lietzmann who was the Naval-Attaché at the German Embassy in Tokyo, Japan (24 Aug 1937-30 Mar 1940).

post-160-1229051950.jpg

As far as I remember he was awarded with 3rd class

As for the Kleindekoration in the form of the sun - this is unofficial add-on.

Posted (edited)
On 23/01/2018 at 12:25, JapanX said:

As far as I remember he was awarded with 3rd class

As for the Kleindekoration in the form of the sun - this is unofficial add-on.

Hello JapanX, thanks for your reply. Do you have any source for this claim (that Lietzmann was awarded the 3rd class)?

I am still trying to confirm if he was awarded the 3rd (Commander) or 2nd (Grand Officer) Class. Lots of people suggested these 2 classes, one person even said it is the 4th class. I want to confirm the exact class. Is it possible to confirm the exact class just from the ribbon bar?

Many thanks

Edited by Kriegsmarine Admiral