News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Request for Inforrmation on a Major von Roques-Maumont (from Württemberg) ~1917

Hello,

Arthur Eckert gen. von Roques-Maumont was a retired Württemberg infantry captain (13.9.06) who was recalled for service in WW1. In 1915 he was wounded with Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 120.

Regards

Glenn

He was a bit tricky. Prior to 1902 he is listed as Roques-Maumont but following that as Eckert gen. von Roques-Maumont. He retired in 1907 and unusually as a former regular officer, his wartime service is not listed in the Ehrenrangliste. Consequently I went back to about 1895 where I found him as a Sekonde-Lieutenant in Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 123. He is listed thereafter until his retirement in the Prussian Rangliste.

I found him again in a "Stellenbesetzung" of mobile Württemberg troops in 1915 in LIR 120 and again in the Württemberg Militär-Verordnungsblatt of 1916. He falls off the radar after that.

This portrait of him as a Sekonde-Lieutenant in GR 123 in the late nineties appears on the Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg site albeit wrongly named as Roques-Naumont.

Regards

Glenn

Roques-Maumont.jpg

7 minutes ago, Glenn J said:

He was a bit tricky. Prior to 1902 he is listed as Roques-Maumont but following that as Eckert gen. von Roques-Maumont. He retired in 1907 and unusually as a former regular officer, his wartime service is not listed in the Ehrenrangliste. Consequently I went back to about 1895 where I found him as a Sekonde-Lieutenant in Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 123. He is listed thereafter until his retirement in the Prussian Rangliste.

I found him again in a "Stellenbesetzung" of mobile Württemberg troops in 1915 in LIR 120 and again in the Württemberg Militär-Verordnungsblatt of 1916. He falls off the radar after that.

This portrait of him as a Sekonde-Lieutenant in GR 123 in the late nineties appears on the Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg site albeit wrongly named as Roques-Naumont.

Regards

Glenn

That is simply outstanding. It's brilliant information.  I take it "Eckert gen. von Roques-Maumont." means his last name was Eckert, but he was called (gennant) "Roques Maumont?"

He also served, as a young officer,  with General Freiherr Theodor von Watter in Regiment 123, according to an account I have.

Von Watter during the time in question (1917) commanded 13th Army Corps.

Do you have anything on a Major of Pioniere von Stockmeier or a chief of staff for von Watter named Müller-Loebnitz, late 1917, 13th Army Corps?

Hello,

Arthur was born 09.10.1868

Not knowing exactly what you are intersted in, here are the war assignments of the other two as best as I can determine

Ludwig von Stockmayer  (10.07.1872-10.06.1936)

1918                                         StOPi 76

00.07.17                                    Kom. d. Pion. B. 13

16.11.15-17.12.16          Kom. d. Pion. B. 7

1914/15                                     2. St. Offiz. b. Gen. d. Pion. 4. Armee,  StOPi b. 4. Armee

1914                                         Lehr. an d. Militärtechn. Akad., U.d.Pion. B. 13

Wilhelm Müller-Löbnitz  (02.01.1874-02.02.1940)

26.06.18-29.10.18          Ob. Qu. d. Armee Abtl.  A

15.01.18-22.06.18          Kom. d. Inf. R. 174

02.01.17-12.01.18          Chef d. Gen. St. d. XIII. AK

00.03.15                                    BMVO4mKruSchw als 1. Gen. St. Offiz. d. Armee Abtl. Falkenhausen

08.12.14                                    WK3mSchw als 1. Gen. St. Offiz. d. Armee Abtl. Falkenhausen

22.03.14-1914                i. gr. Gen. St.

Andy

On 2/22/2018 at 14:49, Blackhorse said:

That is simply outstanding. It's brilliant information.  I take it "Eckert gen. von Roques-Maumont." means his last name was Eckert, but he was called (gennant) "Roques Maumont?"

Karl Adolf Eckert (1798-1865) was ennobled as "Eckert gen. von Roques-Maumont" on 22 August 1926, taking his wife's name (Charlotte de Roques-Maumont) as part of his own. They were not directly related to the branch of Roques-Maumont which settled in Hannover. 

Adolf's oldest son died as a child. His second son, Xaver Emil Louis Friedrich (1833-1882) was a Prussian Oberstleutnant. His youngest son, Arthur Friedrich August (1835-1902) was a Prussian Hauptmann. Arthur had three sons: 

Eckert gen. v. Roques-Maumont, Arthur Friedrich Wilhelm v., *9.10.1868 in Sigmaringen
    Roques-Maumont, Roderich v., *11.7.1885 in Sigmaringen
    Roques-Maumont, Alfons v., *9.2.1891 in München

Only Arthur went by the full name, and as Glenn noted above, not for his entire career. Roderich and Alfons were Arthur's half-brothers. Roderich was a Kunstgewerbelehrerziechner in München and served as a Pionier in the Bavarian Army.  Alfons was an Opernsänger in München and served as a Militär-Krankenträger in the Bavarian Army.