News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Navy Cap Badge

Greetings,
    Does anyone recognize this navy cap badge, presumably European? A fellow collector received it recently and we can't find any information about it.
    I wasn't sure in which category to put it but since the most monarchies are located in the northern part of the Old Continent this seemed like the best option. 
    All comments are more than welcome.
    unnamed.thumb.jpg.2ae9d118fa554da37dad3ef8ac9f3a04.jpg

Hello , Three Monarchies remains in northern Europe , the Swedish ,the Danish and the Norwegian , all the three with Navies .the badge posted could be of the Swedish Navy (Svenska Flottan ). of the Danish No because the Danes wear a Navy badge with oak leaves and not laurel ones . apart the anchor is carried over a oval cockade red white. Norwegian Navy is another option . Great Britain No , the crown of the Royal Navy is quite  distinct. some else : It looks as a badge for use on berets or a baseball cap

Bayern, thank you for your prompt reply. So we can definitely exclude Denmark, what about Netherlands and Belgium? 
    I forgot to mention its size - 5,5x5,5 cm.

• 1 month later...

Definately not Dutch Navy. Regarding the poor quality (yellow cotton in stead of bullion) I think it is some fashion item, not an official cab badge of a serious Navy.

Edited by Odulf