News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Badges ot Excellent Soldiers

In my collectors practice I had nearly all of these bagdes,those came into being in 1942 to reward the soldiers of all qualifications in Red Army.These badges existed till 1957.I went through the division and I found out there is  no topic about these badges.I decided  to look for  the photos of the badges I sold e.g. lately or last year and to create the topic.

1.Excellent Fireman

opo.jpg

re.jpg

2.Excellent Baker

4a.jpg

4r.jpg

3.Excellent Tankist

4.Excellent Buzzer

5.Excellent Worker in Air Forces

6.Excellent Worker in Health Service

At present time I do not have more pictures,but I hope some collectors of the forum will add their photos of the badges.

pr.jpg

pa.jpg

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    3 hours ago, Volovonok said:

Hello,

Is Excellent Fireman still on sale? What other badges from this series you have got available? 

No,they are not.I sold them immediately in the Russian forum-faleristika.info.Do you collect them?See the topic,I hope in the future to sell some again.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    1 hour ago, Mike McLellan said:

Were these “excellent “ badges only for members of the military? Were there similar awards for civilian high-achievers? Is there a site where a list of all the examples could be seen? Really fascinating badges. Thanks. 

Mike. 

Mike,at present time I am able to offer only these 2 badges.Rest of them was sold a long time ago.If we agree with the user Volovonok on the price and if he does not own them the badges will become his possession.

On 18/10/2018 at 17:25, Mike McLellan said:

Were these “excellent “ badges only for members of the military? Were there similar awards for civilian high-achievers? Is there a site where a list of all the examples could be seen? Really fascinating badges. Thanks. 

Mike. 

Yes, these badges were awarded to the lower ranks of Red/Soviet Army only. The first badges were introduced in May 1942 as alternative military awards to the Soviet decoration system. There are 23 badges in total, two of which (rifleman and excellence in aviation) were constituted after the end of WWII. The numerous variations, produced both during and post war. All are discontinued in 1957.

General information on the badges (Chrome is able to translate the page into English):

https://medalww.ru/nagrady-sssr/nagrudnye-znaki-sssr/znaki-otlichnikov/

The variations are shown here:

https://forums-su.com/viewforum.php?f=773

Edited by Volovonok

Thanks. That’s what I meant. I’m not too keen on starting a collection, but I must applaud the whole concept of giving some token of appreciation to those workers who strive for excellence, regardless of their oftentimes mundane Professions. Instilling pride might not put food on the table, but it sometimes makes the hunger pangs less acute. 

Mike. 

• 1 month later...
    • 7 months later...
    • 3 years later...