News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Questions regarding Romanian Faithful Service Cross/Medal

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the Romanian Faithful Service Medal/Cross.

What was the difference between the medal and the cross? Was it given out after rank?

How could german soldiers get the Romanian Faithful Service Medal instead of the Cross? Serving behind the front?

Thank you very much,

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

The Faithful Service Cross and Medal were the lowest wartime decorations according to the Royal Decree no. 1932/1941, with the cross ranked above the medal. Unfortunately I do not have access to the text of the decree, but I guess the difference was on whether the award was for armed deeds (cross) or for service (medal).

Hello , Existed the Crucea nationala Serviciul Credincios and the Medalia natinala Serviciul Credincios .the cross was higher than the medal .both were awarded to military or civilian personnel in peace time or war time . The were the highest award for people without higher school education . For the better educated existed the Order . Ordinul National Serviciul Credincios , with a fixed number of members among Romanian citizens civilian and military. the Order was awarded in five degrees Grand Cross ,great officer ; commander ,officer and cavalier. the order was for strangers also and out of the number fixed for Romanians. Cross and medal were also extensibles to foreigners whitin the same education frames

18 hours ago, Bayern said:

Hello , Existed the Crucea nationala Serviciul Credincios and the Medalia natinala Serviciul Credincios .the cross was higher than the medal .both were awarded to military or civilian personnel in peace time or war time . The were the highest award for people without higher school education . For the better educated existed the Order . Ordinul National Serviciul Credincios , with a fixed number of members among Romanian citizens civilian and military. the Order was awarded in five degrees Grand Cross ,great officer ; commander ,officer and cavalier. the order was for strangers also and out of the number fixed for Romanians. Cross and medal were also extensibles to foreigners whitin the same education frames

I thought Nicholas' question was about the wartime awards. Also, I would like to add that although the Faithful Service Order indeed had 5 classes in 1937, these were Collar, Grand Cross, Grand Officer, Commander and Officer.