News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French armband help

saxydog8

Hello, Appears to be an  French Army Staff officer armband .the three colours denotes an Army Corps staff . the baided O and R indicates more precisely the status of the wearer but iam not able to said what means. a similar armband with the letters A and L braided implied that the wearer was attached to the Heavy Artillery of the Corps . Artillerie Lourde in French .

Thank you Bayern for the information so far . Stuka it would be good if anyone French has a clue , so it will be fun to see if there’s an answer rather than any in my Mind that could be miles away!!

Hello again , Reserve Officer . Well a reserve officer not diplomated of Staff School , attached to the Staff of an Army Corps ? not impossible, Andre Tardieu ,a politician and Reserve lieutenant was attached to the Staff of the in the year 1914 still General Foch

Finally got two answers.

One to say "hello", and;

salut

je ne sais pas non plus mais j en ai un quasi identique dans la fabrication pour le trésor publique entre guerre et avant peut etre....
    je pense donc que ce brassard est pour civils mais pour quel usage?
    on vois pas l arrière mais je pense qu il est doublé la fabrication est soignée.

meaning:

I don't know either, but I got one almost similar , probably made for civilian use between two wars, or maybe even before then...

My guess is civilian.

I asked on a other French forum, I knew there was a guy collecting this type of armbands.

His wife replied so far, because he wasn't home. She thinks also it would be for civilian use, but waiting for confirmation by here husband.

hi all ,seems like it’s getting closer that answer I have just found the shell case it was strapped to it appears to be a German 10cm shell case dated 1939.not sure if it’s of any help lol,

Hello,

the guy's found a old description (no pic!) regarding a armband with OR on it but the colors do not match.

This one would be green yellow and red and was given to a winner of a fencing contest, between two wars.