News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Being lazy and posting all the ones with like two or three pics. :lol: Am dreading doing all my wound badges. The pics are taken... but I forgot to include on in the group pic so may redo that tomorrow before I post them. :banger: Can't exclude one from the group pic... she might not like that! :blush:

Anyhow here's my Aux. Cruiser. Love the design as does my wife. We also love the Minesweeper badge but I decided to let mine go a few months ago. Got a good price but still miss her. But figure I can always get another some day if need be. :D

IPB Image

IPB Image

And yes, sadly this one is missing the catch. :(

Edited by Hauptman

Yes, the Aux Cruiser badge is a design that everyone seems to like. Interesting, that most all the other KM awards show the relevant type of boat/ship (i.e. a U-Boat, E-Boat, Destroyer, Battleship etc). This is the only one that uses a historical link back to some of the earliest sea raiders, the Vikings.

Very nice miniature too. I've been looking for one of these to go with my cased Aux Cruiser, so if you ever decide to let it go, let me know.

Yes, the Aux Cruiser badge is a design that everyone seems to like. Interesting, that most all the other KM awards show the relevant type of boat/ship (i.e. a U-Boat, E-Boat, Destroyer, Battleship etc). This is the only one that uses a historical link back to some of the earliest sea raiders, the Vikings.

Very nice miniature too. I've been looking for one of these to go with my cased Aux Cruiser, so if you ever decide to let it go, let me know.

Hi Gordon... you just caught me... was about to get ready and shut down for the night after replying to your post about the Blockade Runners Badge.

VERY NICE!!!! :love::love: And yes, I will re the stickpin. For sure if I manage to find another I'd be happy to pass it along as I only need the one. And if you ever run into another similar case please let me know. I'd love to put my pair into a nice "garage". :D

They're both just terrific badges and I can see how folks get hooked on them. I think those and the navy daggers are just the greatest! :love: Of course I'm partial to navy anyhow. I actually went way outside of my district for HS in order to join Navy JROTC instead of the USMC version. And then at the start of my fourth year they build a new HS and put us in that district... gave us the choice to go there for AF JROTC to finish out our senior year. I passed... stuck with the Navy. Did some college and planned to go in as an officer in carriers. Didn't work out as I was involved in a hit and run. Some kid had "borrowed" his mom's car (no insurance of course! :angry: ) and gone on a joy ride after graduation from Largo HS. Had his kid brother and one of his friends in the back seat... drinking beer and having a grand old time. Till they ran a red left turn signal and rammed into me. Screwed my car, may back and my neck up but good. There went my navy career. :angry:

But on the good side of things the next car in line to get hit would have been a little sub-sub compact with a volunteer fireman and his wife, kids and new baby. The car that hit me was an Olds 88... a battleship. As it was I was in a Vega Estate wagon... being the wagon is the only reason I'm here now. But they would have never survived. So better what happened to me than an entire family getting wiped out. I'd do it all over again without hesitation.

But I do still love the navy... any navy. :D

Well, it's that time... better run before I fall asleep on the keyboard. But I'll be back posting in a few hours... knock on wood! Hope to wake up to tons and tons of replies that I need to go through and savor! I get the biggest kick out of all this. Thanks everyone!

Night all! :beer:

Dan

Guest Darrell

Hi Dan,

Looks like a nice zinc Souval. Too bad about the catch.

Like Gordon says, these ACB are highly sought after (especially the Tombak examples).

Nice catch with the stickpin :cheers:

Hi guys,

Wow... I'm blushing! :blush: Here I literally thought this was nothing particularly special that anyone would ooh and ahh over. Just a run of the mill. You're even making her blush! :D Needless to say the old gal (and I say that with love. :love::love: ) also appreciates your compliments.

Just out of curiosity... and again this is because I've been more or less out of the loop since the late 80's or thereabouts, any rough idea on price? I hope it's not out of place to keep asking this but I literally and absolutely do not really know what 95% of my stuff is worth anymore. And it's always a good thing to keep on top of. But I was fairly isolated where I was and I'm literally a newbie to all this forum/posting stuff... Kim's been trying to get me to do it for years and years but I've always been hesitant. But now I'm glad I did with this group. Ya'll are terrific!

Thanks so much! :cheers:

Dan

Guest Darrell

Dan,

I'd say around the $350-400 range (due to the broken catch). The stickpin probably another $100 or so.

The Tombak examples have skyrocketed in the last couple of years. To get one like mine below, you could be asking close to $900-$1000 :unsure:

Hi Darrell,

Wow! I'm absolutely floored! :o:P:blush::D:jumping:

You could knock me over with a very small feather right now! I mean, with the broken catch and all I figured it would be perhaps $75-80 tops! Now you see why I need MAJOR help in pricing this stuff. I wish I could simply get it appraised but I'm sure that would cost a bundle in and of itself.

I'm gonna post some recently gone stuff just to make sure I did okay... or on the flip side didn't over charge... not that the buyer wasn't very happy.

I may cry by doing it but I'd rather know.

Thanks! :cheers::cheers:

Dan

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Someone PM'd me suggesting someone who might be intro'd in badges like my Aux. Cruiser which were missing a clasp, etc, should I ever decide to part with any. I cannot find it in my PM's... may have accidently deleted it.

Am indeed considering letting go of my Aux. Cruiser, cased Blockade Runner and possibly my GPB. But of course the Aux. Cruiser does have the missing clasp, hence my need to get that info again. But of course if anyone else is intro'd in any of these please don't hesitate to PM me and let me know.

Many thanks, :cheers:

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Just like to say thanks to Dan for allowing me to give his mini Aux Cruiser a new home. Here he is in his case, all cosy with Big Brother.

Hi Gordon,

You are most welcome. I'm pleased to have been able to help you complete the set. They look great together... and I'm very honored to have one of the pieces from my collection now taking it's place in yours.

Thank you so much and may you receive as much pleasure from the old girl as I have over the years. :beer:

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

Just received this beauty from Dan, another new immigrant to Canada and my collection. The gold is even nicer in person and I love this badge. It is funny that this is another Souval, it seems 90% of my stuff comes from old Rudolf Souval. I will post some new scans of this badge, and thanks again Dan for parting with her after all these years, she will be kept in great care! :beer:

Cheers,

Pat

Here is the new scan (in a new country!) of this zinc Souval Aux Cruiser. This has always been my favourite Kriegs badge (and favourite overall) as my family is all from Norway and Sweden so this Viking reference has always been around in my life (our family reunion mascot is Hagar the Horrible :lol: ).

Cheers and enjoy the new scans,

Pat

Hello all,

Just received this beauty from Dan, another new immigrant to Canada and my collection. The gold is even nicer in person and I love this badge. It is funny that this is another Souval, it seems 90% of my stuff comes from old Rudolf Souval. I will post some new scans of this badge, and thanks again Dan for parting with her after all these years, she will be kept in great care! :beer:

Cheers,

Pat

Hi Pat,

Glad you like the old girl. She's been one of the highlights of my navy display case for a long time.

Thought I'd mention... might just be the way my colors are set but wondered if perhaps you'd tried any color correction on that scan? The gold is coming across as more of a copper color. Try fiddling with it a bit and you can probably get more of a gold look to come out. :D

Don't forget to send me some pics of everything in their new cases and displays. Can't wait to see it all.

Enjoy! :cheers:

Dan

Good idea Dan, I thought the gold wasn't coming out as much either in the scan. Here is my tweaked scan which brings out the gold better. My scanner tends to scan everything that's gold or brass with a coppery tinge, I'll have to keep tweaking it I guess.

Cheers,

Pat