News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My question about this group of medal bars

Ladies and gentlemen, I recently visited some of the medal bars that are not mine. I found a little problem. No one in China answered me with satisfactory answers. So I want to ask what is the meaning of everyone?

318828148_psb(2).jpg.45c73e9a3f19660a1a1e770992b231e6.jpg1862712124_psb(3).jpg.2e08af2cf97caedd6defb20689465fbb.jpg

For example, these two groups of bars. Both are combinations after the First World War. From the perspective of styling, they are all obtained by Austrians. But why is there only the Hindenburg Medal of Honor? No Austria and Hungary World War I Memorial Medal? Some of the combinations I saw were there, some were not. Looking forward to a satisfactory answer. Thank you.

102182662_QQ20190820144007.png.d5d3f721576f7fa1f869e793b9a7d279.png???

1812 Overture,

Veterans eligible for Austrian War Commemorative Medal had to pay a duty. So maybe this payment would have put some of them off purchasing it. Secondly the War Commemorative Medal was available from 15th April 1933 until 13th March 1938, which was just after the annexation(Anschluss) of Austria into Nazi Germany, whereas the Hindenburg Cross was available until late in the second world war. So maybe the bars were put together after the Anschluss when the Austrian War Commemorative Medal was no longer available for purchase.

The Hungarian Commemorative Medal had to be purchased privately in licensed outlets upon presentation of an approval letter. So again maybe the cost put veterans off purchasing them.

Both those bars look very nice, with plausible combos. From my limited experience with Austrian post-1934 bars, it seems that the Austrians were more reticent about putting the WW1 Austrian, Hungarian and Bulgarian medals on their bars than the Germans, who loved to 'pad' theirs.

austria2.JPG

14 hours ago, VtwinVince said:

Both those bars look very nice, with plausible combos. From my limited experience with Austrian post-1934 bars, it seems that the Austrians were more reticent about putting the WW1 Austrian, Hungarian and Bulgarian medals on their bars than the Germans, who loved to 'pad' theirs.

austria2.JPG

I really like your bar. It contains a person's historical process:thumbup:Also made me active in the cervical spine