News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is August Möbus.  I am trying to remember if I've ever seen the Austro-Hungarian Militärverdienstkreuz worn as a buttonhole decoration by a German officer. Together with the Württemberg Militärverdienstorden with its wreath, it makes for a nice combination and an interesting photo, at least to me.

http://www.landesarchiv-bw.de/plink/?f=1-336731-1

1960315629_MbusAugust.thumb.jpg.e4d94d53b2efc2ec98e827435899d072.jpg

Hi in 707, 708, 709 and some other numbers you can find some curiosities as trifold ribbons, rare combinations and other nice stuff - also of prussian officers and later high decorated WW2 personnel. I have the most of that pics in my Bestand.

I have two pics with kuk war merit cross ribbon (and laurel wreath)

Edited by ixhs

51 minutes ago, ixhs said:

Hi in 707, 708, 709 and some other numbers you can find some curiosities as trifold ribbons, rare combinations and other nice stuff - also of prussian officers and later high decorated WW2 personnel. I have the most of that pics in my Bestand.

I have two pics with kuk war merit cross ribbon (and laurel wreath)

Württemberg trifolds are indeed another curiosity.

WMV3_1.jpg.fed1c2b8489488c75a4c2b0627c8c48a.jpgDE_WF3aX_1.jpg.fe363335bc83d99c1c4cc00a893bac47.jpg

Yes,  you can find them on pics around ~ 1900 or earlier - but sometimes also on pics of WW1 times.

A part of Württemberg did belong to Austria in former times - so may be that`s a reason for it.

HI - here one of my collection.

I bought it especially because of his interesting "vita".

Bracher earned his GMVM early in 1915 as Lt. in IR 121 - later he got the MVO.  He was wounded several times. The pic shows him as 1st Lt. and with silvered wound badge - so it must have been taken in 1918.

In WW2 he was officer of 260 ID - my uncle Willy fought with them in russia.

He was POW in a russian camp till 1954 and high decorated.

Nice, that his bar is still existing.

https://wordpress.260id.de/?page_id=161

zähringer 46.tif

Edited by ixhs