News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Questions about the two groups of bars

First of all, this is not my collection. But I am very curious. The brave medals of the Bulgarian kingdom in these two groups of bars are all during the Boris III period. If so, why are there no 1914-1918 Hindenburg honor medals in the medals?

932579869_psb(3).jpg.9445f9ca29067b319901f3550b893775.jpg1822213994_psb(4).jpg.eacab2fffb3e375db67df45b6d61cbbe.jpg

And from the color of the ribbon, it is all warfare.Did King Ferdinand I of the Kingdom of Bulgaria not abdicate after the end of the war?

Possibly these groups were assembled before institution of Hindenberg Cross in 1934.   

Yes, Ferdinand abdicated in October 1918.   Unclear exactly when issuance of medals with Boris' portrait began.    Perhaps these are 'late awards' or what came to hand.

If the first group Bulgarian Order of Merit is gold [silver-gilt] rather than bronze, the group makes little sense.  This opinion due to gold Order of Merit's extremely limited distribution.  It might be swapped out for a Military Merit Order 5th class, with or without crown.  Seems to be an impression resembling a suspension crown above the Order ring on the ribbon.  If Order of Merit is bronze, pair not as unusual, but still uncommon. 

Both groups look manipulated to me, and for the larger one, I found an old entry on the forum that proves it. Check here, in the famous "Imperial fakes" thread. If the smaller group came from the same seller, I'd be very confident it has similar problems. It's such a shame authentic groups are destroyed to create half-fake-nonsense-bars, just to increase profit of some nasty dealer...

8 hours ago, saschaw said:

Both groups look manipulated to me, and for the larger one, I found an old entry on the forum that proves it. Check here, in the famous "Imperial fakes" thread. If the smaller group came from the same seller, I'd be very confident it has similar problems. It's such a shame authentic groups are destroyed to create half-fake-nonsense-bars, just to increase profit of some nasty dealer...

Thank you friend, you helped me again. Your article is very interesting. I even saw a person quarreling inside. . In fact, I just saw them when I first joined the forum, but I don't know English, so I often just browse them as "picture thieves". . Today, I checked the translator and looked at it briefly.