News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

And some Sovjet medals

16 hours ago, Stuka f said:

Hello, thanks.

I do need some help, completely out of my comfort zone!

Happy to help.  Top row, L-R: common, 1980s cap badge.  Labor medal, silver, early medals had a serial number, most did not.  Bravery medal, silver, many had a serial number (3+ million).

Bottom row: Order of Glory, 3rd class, silver, probable original suspension and ribbon, serial number dates it to early to mid 1945, nice one!  Combat Service medal, silver, probable original suspension, serial number dates this to late '44/early '45, possible Long Service award, 'shovel tongue' variation.  Motherhood medal, 1st class.

Another nice one.  Early 1944 award most likely.  An original suspension and ribbon shouldn't be too hard to find nor very expensive if you're thinking about restoring it.

BTW, in case you didn't know most Soviet awards that have a serial number can be researched by that number which reveals the soldier who won the award and usually the reasons for the award.

• 1 month later...

with the OGIII that was part of a block of 500 OGIII (415,701- 416,200) on the 16.06.1945, and was issued to Captain Yablonsky. L.M.  - Leningradsky Front

This OG III was issued from the mint on the 12.06.1945 as part of a 10,00 OG III block (405,901 - 415,900)

hope that is of some help

regards

C