I just got this picture and found it interesting enough to post. It belongs to a Reserve-Regiment 119 (Württemberg) group but this man seems to wear the ribbon of the bayerische Militärverdienstkreuz - with a metal crown and swords on top. My question: Would you experts consider this "common"? I cannot remember seeing it before...

Cheers

ArHo

DSC01219.JPG

I have not seen it before with an BMVK3xKR, however I have seen it with wreaths and crowned swords for orders. This tradition can be seen roughly from WW1 up to 1945. I recall a picture of Oberst von Limburg who wore a ribbon with wreath through his buttonhole for his Wurttembergian MVO. This picture of General von Manstein illustrates the wearing of a HoHx-miniature through the buttonhole. Afbeeldingsresultaat voor general von manstein

Kind regards, Laurentius

I don’t recall ever seeing enlisted men wearing devices on their button hole ribbons. It’s very nice to see such a photo.

Thanks for your feedback! I am glad to hear that I was not wrong and this is really something not seen all too often 🙂

Unformtunately this picture is the best I can do - tha badge is just too small even for a ver good camera...

Cheers

ArHo